Beer Release: Red Poppy 2011
The Lost Abbey will issue the 2011 release of Red Poppy Ale on February 12, 2011.
An award-winning Flanders-style red ale made with sour cherries and aged in French Oak barrels for a year, this limited release is one a handful of beers to receive a 99 out 100 rating by Draft Magazine.
Release details are as follows:
- Beer: Red Poppy – Flanders-style Red Ale
- Packaging: 375ml cork-finished bottles
- ABV: 5%
- Price: $15 per bottle (six bottle maximum per person)
Availability: Bottles will go into our full distribution network. Draft availability will be limited to selected venues primarily here in San Diego, CA.
UPDATE: Feb. 9, 2011
A couple of quick up dates for the Red Poppy release on Saturday.
- Mongo Bottles – In addition to Red Poppy, Mongo Double IPA will be available for the first time in bottle. Unlike the draft version of the beer, bottled Mongo is finished with Simcoe hops which give it a great, piney bitterness. Bottles are 22 ounce and $5.99 each (no limit).
- Saison Blanc – We will also be pouring samples of a pilot batch of a new beer tentatively titled “Saison Blanc”. As the name implies, it’s a light, white saison with a fresh, hoppy citrus finish. We’ll be looking for feedback on the beer. If reaction is positive we will most likely send it into distribution this summer.
Comments are currently closed.