Anniversary Schedule of Events
Attending our Sold Out 5th Anniversary Celebration? Not attending but interested in lurking outside and seeing what’s going on? Well, we’ve ordered up some great weather (partly sunny, mid-60’s) and put together an amazing list of everything in store for the day:
All Day Events
We’ll be broadcasting live all day! Andy Killion (aka @Metromixsd !) will be covering the entire event live with interviews, chats and fun. If you’re attending, you’re invited to step into the broadcast booth and say hello to everyone. If you’re watching from your computer, tablet or phone, you’re invited to chat with Andy and his guests via our Ustream broadcast channel!
Live broadcast begins at 11am PDT.
Click here to download the phone app and watch the broadcast.
Barrel House Tours
Explore the mysteries of the Lost Abbey barrel archives with Barrel Master & Lead Brewer, Ryan Fields. Ryan will be leading two tours per session. Each tour takes approximately 30 minutes and is limited to 35 people. (Register early to ensure your slot. This fills up quickly!)
Session One Tours: 12pm | 2pm – Session Two Tours: 5pm | 7pm
You must sign up to go on the tour! Registration will be at the entrance to the barrel house.
This year we’re pleased to host not one, but two live bands in the brewhouse for your listening pleasure. Session One will be host to the vintage-tinged garage, folk, rock and roll sounds of Kiera and the Lesbians. Session Two will be our favorite lounge lizards, The Professors, and their special brand of surf-styled rock and roll. Music starts at noon.
Food, food, food
Chefs Jason Danderand and Steve Owen will be steaming, smoking, BBQing and frying their way through a whole raft of San Diego-style street foods. Street food not your thing? The magic pizza trailer will also be on hand to cooking up pies fresh and hot! Water and soft drinks will also available courtesy of Dr Pepper.
Food and drinks will be in the outdoor pavilion next to the barrel house.
What’s On Tap
What’s a brewery birthday party without plenty of beer? The brewers have dug deep into the archives to fully stock both bars (the main bar as well as our new barrel room bar) with a huge array of Port Brewing & Lost Abbey beers. All of the following will be on tap at the main bar as well as in the barrel room:
The regulars (1 taster ticket)
- Port Brewing
- Anniversary – Hoppy, Strong Pale Ale
- Hot Rocks – Stein Lager
- Mongo – Double IPA
- Old Viscosity – Dark Strong Ale
- Panzer Pils – Imperial Pilsner
- Santa’s Little Helper – Imperial Stout
- Shark Attack – Double Red Ale
- Wipeout – West Coast IPA
- The Lost Abbey
- Avant Garde – Biere de Garde
- Devotion – Belgian Blond
- Judgment Day – Belgian Quad with Raisins
- Red Barn – Saison
- Saison Blanc – Light Saison with Green Raisins & Pepper
- Serpent’s Stout – Belgian Sweet Stout
- Ten Commandments – Belgian Strong Ale
The Specialties (3 taster tickets)
- Ad Lib (2011) – Special Limited Release Blend made with Rye Barrel Serpent’s Stout, Bourbon Midnight Expression and Bourbon Judgment Day. Only 50 five gallon kegs of this are going into distribution, so this may be your one and only chance to try a legendary Lost Abbey one-off blends!
- Angel’s Share – Brandy Barrel (2011) – Barleywine aged in Brandy Barrels
- Framboise de Amorosa (2011) – Raspberry Sour Aged in Wine Barrels
- Red Poppy (2011) – Flanders-style Red with Sour Cherries aged in Wine Barrels
- Older Viscosity (2011) – Dark Strong Ale Aged in Bourbon Barrels
…Expect other “secret” specialties throughout the day as well! (Watch for the DOBO lurking about.)
Remember, eight taster tickets come with your admission, but additional tickets will also be available for $1 each.
See you there! (And if not, we’ll see you on the web.)